Employees come to work as human beings and the issues of their lives can come to work with them, impacting their performance. Caring for the well being of your people ensures they are engaged and productive and, it's just the right thing to do.
What is an EAP?
An Employment Assistant Program (EAP) is an intervention program that the work place offer their employees to support and enhance mental, emotional and general psychological wellbeing. EAP counselors work with employees, managers and supervisors in a consultative role to meet challenges or needs in the work related or personal. Company's with a EAP service provider are known as companys of choice.
- Critical Incident debriefing
Benefits of EAP
- Develops employee's companies in managing workplace stress and improving work team performance.
- Improves Productivity
- Reduces company costs; this can be seen by reducing the impact of trauma or stress related to work.
- Reduced Absenteeism
- Resolutions of work related problems
- Confidential service
- Professional service
- Face to face counselling
- Telephone counselling
How it Works
- Decide on your service package with Oasis Employee Assistance and establish an agreement with us.
- In partnership with you, we establish communications with staff to provide information about the service and how to access it. This may include posters, information sessions, intranet page, policy and procedures information, and/or handouts)
- Employees access the service directly to make an appointment, or your managers may recommend or refer employees to the EAP service if they feel it may benefit their employees.
- Employees are allocated a set maximum number of sessions each year which you can determine in your service agreement and we will monitor.
- Oasis Employee Assistance provides a high level non-specific report back to you on number of visits being accessed during the month. To maintain confidentiality and system integrity, individual names are not disclosed through this process.
- An annual review and organisational well-being healthy check enables service adjustment as required and further opportunities for us to partner with you in supporting your employee’s well-being at work.
All Oasis Employee Assistance counsellors are trained and qualified vocational counsellors. They are accredited by recognised professional bodies such as the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia.